The Evidencing and Mainstreaming Equality Data Workshop is aimed at service providers wishing to improve the quality and usage of their data as a resource to actively promote equality. It builds on basic monitoring of protected characteristics to develop a better understanding of the equality field and will use cases studies of how equality evidence has been used in Fife and the UK to progress equality of opportunity.
The workshop will also serve as a refresher / introduction to more in-depth equality policies (EQIAs, data protection under GDPR) and as a practical exercise, participants will map their organisation’s equality data ecosystem.
- Better understanding of mainstreaming approach of the Equality Act 2010
- Increased knowledge of equality data sources, indicators and reporting platforms
- Better understanding GDPR and Data Protection of sensitive data
- Better understanding of Equal Opportunities Monitoring as a policy tool
- Better understanding of Equality Impact Assessments
- Increased practical knowledge in mapping equality data usage
The workshop will take place on Wednesday 12 February 2020 in New Volunteer House, 16 East Fergus Place, Kirkcaldy KY1 1XT, from 10:00 to 16:30. Tea and coffee will be provided, please bring your own lunch.
For more details and if you have any specific questions or additional requirements, contact Elric at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01592 645310. Click here for a PDF flyer for this event.
If you require any assistance to attend this event or have any requirements (7 days in advance) i.e. transport, translation, hearing loop etc. please email email@example.com, call 01592645310 or text 07800005834