Reported by Aberdeen Evening News – the news we share raises awareness of equality issues being reported in the media.
Nicola Sturgeon pleaded with Scots to follow new Covid-19 restrictions announced today.
What are the new Covid-19 restrictions?
- As of tomorrow visiting other households will not be allowed. Exceptions exist for those who live alone or just with children, or for childcare with relatives (i.e grandparents). This will be reviewed every three weeks.
- Pubs, bars and restaurants will be subject to a 10pm curfew. This rule is in line with what was announced by Boris Johnson earlier today.
- If you can work from home, you should do. Employers who have asked staff to come back to the office have been asked to “rethink that now”.
- Children under 12 are exempt from the rule of six. 12-18 year old are exempt from the two household limit.
- Car sharing with people not in your household groups is advised against.
- People asked to self-isolate by Test & Protect will be offered essential practical support including help with food deliveries. Financial support of £500 will be introduced for those on low incomes.
#EqNews #LocalServices #EqualFife #COVID-19 #Restrictions