All Fifers are inspired and enabled to take action that makes Fife a more equal, fairer place to live, work and study.
FCE wants to build a collective voice to champion equality, diversity, inclusion and social justice. The centre provides practical guidance and support to everyone working to tackle inequality – here in Fife, and beyond. We want to:
- Make equality a normal part of everyday life in Fife
- Promote the rights of individuals, because everyone’s story is unique
- Help communities make their voices heard, and have their say in the planning and delivery of local services
- Develop relationships with partners and stakeholders from public, private and third sectors to advance equality, diversity, social justice and community cohesion.
FCE works with honesty, integrity, respect and transparency, and strives to demonstrate a fully inclusive approach at all times.
Our aspired outcomes
(What we want to bring about through our work)
- Individuals feel respected, safe and have the freedom to lead a fulfilling life where they live, work or study
- Individuals and groups feel better connected and are able to contribute to public policy and the planning and delivery of local services
- Groups, whether already established or just getting started, have the tools they need to engage with their local community in a positive and inclusive way
- Third, public and private sector organisations demonstrate best practice in equality, diversity and inclusion.
(How we will help make Fife a fairer place)
- Provide information, advice and support to individuals and groups about equality, diversity and social justice matter
- Act as an intermediary between different sectors and groups
- Develop a training programme and a varied set of resources to enhance awareness and improve good practice of equality and diversity
- Facilitate sustainable and effective partnership working with communities, and between local authorities and other key bodies and organisations
- Promote mainstream equality and inclusion in key partnerships under the Fife Community Plan.