For other languages, click here.

EU Citizens in Fife: What support is available?

What is "Settled Status"?

EU Citizens living in the UK have to apply for settled status as part of the government’s post-Brexit registration system. Those who wish to remain in the UK after Brexit must apply for settled status before 30 June 2021, or 31 December 2020 in the event of a No-Deal Brexit.

Settled status means that there is no time limit to how long you can stay in the UK for, you can go on to apply for UK Citizenship if the requirements are met.

Who can apply?

EU Citizens or family members of EU Citizens. This includes those born in the UK but are not British citizens and those married to British citizens from the EU. Irish citizens and those with indefinite leave to enter and remain need not apply.

This referral form is for any EU citizens who live in Fife who require assistance or support when applying for the EU Citizen Settlement Scheme.

Fife Centre for Equalities - EU Referral Form

  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Republic of Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Netherlands
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Switzerland
  • UK

To find out more about how your data is protected, have a question or a complaint, please contact Nina Munday, Manager. Please note that you have the following rights in relation to your data:

  • to be informed about the processing of your data; to access your data;
  • to rectify inaccurate or incomplete data;
  • to request erasure or processing restrictions;
  • to obtain and reuse your data.

To make a data request, use our form on our website at: or contact us directly.

Citizens Advice and Rights Fife (CARF)

CARF has employed a dedicated EU Nationals Support Service Worker to deliver advice and support to vulnerable clients, at risk of missing the deadline to make an application to remain in the UK post-Brexit, and support applications to the EU Settlement Scheme. 

To visit the CARF website, click here

Fife Council

Fife Council has a dedicated area on its website, Fifedirect, which explains the EU Settlement Scheme and the application process as well as providing links to the UK Government website. A number of the Customer Service Centres across Fife will be providing support with EU Settlement applications (this is an appointment-only service). The Centres are located at Cowdenbeath, Cupar, Dunfermline, Glenrothes, Inverkeithing, Kirkcaldy and Methil. To visit the Fife Council website, click here.

Fife Migrants Forum

Fife Migrants Forum will have staff on-hand to assist you with your applciation, operating Monday – Friday. Please note that this is by appointment only.

This will be Kirkcaldy based but aims to expand across Fife.

To visit the Fife Migrants Forum’s website, click here.

If you have any questions, require more information or assistance when completing the referral form, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us.

To find out more about the EU Settlement Scheme, visit the UK Government website here.

Share this:

Font Resize