FCE Equality Hustings 2022 - Fife Council Elections
Fife Centre for Equalities hosted a Virtual Equality Hustings for Fife candidates on 27 April 2022.
The Hustings took place on Microsoft Teams and was an opportunity for constituents to ask questions about the themes or topics that matter to them to candidates standing for the Fife Council Elections 2022.
We compiled the questions for the evening based on the themes and topics that were submitted to us by constituents and organised these into four rounds of questions:
- Poverty, Cost of Living, Affordable Housing
- Discussing Rights, Protected Characteristics and Misinformation
- Hate Crime, Personal Safety
- Accessibility, Transport, Budget Priorities
The parties who took part in the hustings were:
- Alba Party – Jackie Anderson (Howe of Fife and Tay Coast)
- Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party – David Ross (Dunfermline South)
- Scottish Greens – Fiona McOwan (Rosyth)
- Scottish Labour Party – Rosalind Garton (St. Andrews)
- Scottish Liberal Democrats – Allan Knox (Tay Bridgehead)
- Scottish National Party (SNP) – Stefan Hoggan-Radu (Cupar)
- Sean Elder (Tay Bridgehead)
- Note: Apologies from Martin Keatings (West Fife and Coastal Villages)
A big thank you to Stavroula Pipyrou, who volunteered to Chair this year’s session. We would also like to say thank you to all of the candidates and audience members who made the hustings such a successful event.
You can view this year’s FCE Equality Hustings by clicking on the YouTube video above, please share your views by clicking the button below. If you are having trouble accessing the video, you can visit our YouTube Channel.